Chennai Super Kings will take on Kings XI Punjab for the 56th Match of Indian Premier League 2018. Dream11 Grand League team for CSK vs KXIP 56th match of IPL 2018 is given by our experts with all key stats.
Hint– If CSK win, they will feature in the first of the playoff matches against Sunrisers Hyderabad in Mumbai on May 22. If CSK lose and slip out of the top two, they will play the Eliminator in Kolkata on May 23.
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Venue Stats – IPL
|Matches won batting first||21|
|Matches won bowling first||33|
|Average 1st Inns scores||155|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||146|
|Highest total recorded||223/3 (20 Ov) by CSK vs SRH|
|Lowest total recorded||80/10 (19.1 Ov) by DD vs SRH|
|Highest score chased||217/7 (19.5 Ov) by RR vs DC|
|Lowest score defended||129/8 (20 Ov) by MI vs RPS|
Chennai Super Kings:
- CSK tasted defeat in their last game against the team languishing at the bottom in the points table Delhi Daredevils. They can regroup and perform well in this match.
- Imran Tahir might come in place of Bravo.
- Faf du Plessis or David Willey might come in place of Sam Billings.
Kings XI Punjab:
- KXIP are really struggling with their middle order woes. In almost every game this season it has been one man show i.e The KL Rahul show.
- Inclusion of David Miller should be one of the topics to think about the team management in place of Stoinis.
- Yuvaraj Singh might be replaced with K Nair.
Chennai Super Kings:
Shane Watson, Murali Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Sam Billings, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir, Faf du Plessis, Mark Wood, Karn Sharma, N Jagadeesan, David Willey, Chaitanya Bishnoi, Monu Kumar, Kshitiz Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, Lungi Ngidi, Kanishk Seth, KM Asif, Suresh Raina
Kings XI Punjab:
Lokesh Rahul(w), Mayank Agarwal, Yuvraj Singh, Karun Nair, David Miller, Marcus Stoinis, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin(c), Andrew Tye, Mohit Sharma, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Chris Gayle, Aaron Finch, Ankit Rajpoot, Manoj Tiwary, Barinder Sran, Akshdeep Nath, Ben Dwarshuis, Pardeep Sahu, Mayank Dagar, Manzoor Dar
Chennai Super Kings: 1 Shane Watson, 2 Ambati Rayudu, 3 Suresh Raina, 4 MS Dhoni (capt & wk), 5 Sam Billings, 6 Ravindra Jadeja, 7 Dwayne Bravo, 8 Deepak Chahar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Shardul Thakur, 11 Lungi Ngidi
Kings XI Punjab: 1 KL Rahul (wk), 2 Chris Gayle, 3 Aaron Finch, 4 Karun Nair, 5 Yuvraj Singh/Manoj Tiwary, 6 Axar Patel, 7 Marcus Stoinis/Mujeeb Ur Rahman, 8 R Ashwin (capt), 9 Andrew Tye, 10 Mohit Sharma, 11 Ankit Rajpoot
- KL Rahul. Do you even need a reason?
- You may need one to pick Harbhajan, though, so here you go: Harbhajan is likely to give you early wickets. He has given away 111 runs off 122 balls against Gayle and dismissed him four times. Against Rahul, his record is 31 runs in 33 balls for two dismissals, and against Karun Nair he has conceded 20 off 21 balls for four dismissals. Moreover, in T20s in Pune, Harbhajan has seven wickets in seven matches with an economy rate of 5.8.
CSK vs KXIP KEY PLAYERS
Chennai Super Kings :
- Ambati Rayudu is the only CSK batsman with 500+ runs in the competition.
- Shane Watson & MS Dhoni are the next two hitters who keep-on giving their contribution.
- Shardul Thakur is the leading wicket-taker for CSK.
Kings XI Punjab :
- KL Rahul is the only KXIP batsman with 500+ runs in the competition.
- Andrew Tye is the successful bowler in KXIP team who has 24 wickets in 13 matches.
KL Rahul’s aggregate of 652 runs this season is the best season aggregate by a KXIP batsman in the IPL; he broke Shaun Marsh’s decade-old record of 616 runs.
The Chennai Super Kings have a 5-1 win-loss record in their home matches; they won the one match they played in Chennai, and have gone on to win 4 of the 5 matches they’ve played in Pune.
Chris Gayle and MS Dhoni are on the brink of getting to the 4000 IPL runs milestone; Gayle needs 6 more runs, while Dhoni is 10 short of the milestone.
Note – itzchennai.com suggests the prediction based on various sources you can use this as a idea and decide the probable XI for your fantasy league.
Categories: Sports Buzz