Chennai Super Kings will take on Rajasthan Royals for the 17th Match of Indian Premier League 2018. Dream11 Grand League team for CSK Vs RR 17th match of IPL 2018 is given by our experts with all key stats.
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Venue Stats – IPL
|Matches won batting first||16|
|Matches won bowling first||16|
|Average 1st Inns scores||156|
|Average 2nd Inns scores||140|
|Highest total recorded||205/4 (20 Ov) by DD vs RPS|
|Lowest total recorded||73/10 (15.5 Ov) by KXIP vs RPS|
|Highest score chased||196/7 (20 Ov) by GL vs RPS|
|Lowest score defended||120/9 (20 Ov) by MI vs PWI|
Chennai Super Kings:
- MS Dhoni batted through a back injury in their previous match against Kings XI Punjab, but he trained with the team on the eve of the game against Royals.
- Raina, who had missed CSK’s previous match because of a calf injury, also resumed training and could return to the team on Friday.
- David Willey, who was Kedar Jadhav’s replacement player for CSK, was seen bowling extensively in the nets on match eve, David Willey or Mark Wood could replace one of the Indian seamers and if that happens, Imran Tahir will have to make way for Karn Sharma.
- Like Short, Ben Laughlin has fared poorly, going at 10.39 an over. Royals have a potential replacement in Jofra Archer, although it isn’t clear yet if he has recovered from the side strain that kept him out of much of the Pakistan Super League and the start of the Indian Premier League.
Chennai Super Kings:
Shane Watson, Murali Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Sam Billings, MS Dhoni(w/c), Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Harbhajan Singh, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Imran Tahir, Faf du Plessis, Mark Wood, Karn Sharma, N Jagadeesan, David Willey, Chaitanya Bishnoi, Monu Kumar, Kshitiz Sharma, Dhruv Shorey, Lungi Ngidi, Kanishk Seth, KM Asif, Suresh Raina
Ajinkya Rahane(c), D Arcy Short, Sanju Samson, Rahul Tripathi, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler(w), Krishnappa Gowtham, Shreyas Gopal, Dhawal Kulkarni, Jaydev Unadkat, Ben Laughlin, Jofra Archer, Stuart Binny, Ankit Sharma, Anureet Singh, Ish Sodhi, Heinrich Klaasen, Prashant Chopra, Sudhesan Midhun, Mahipal Lomror, Aryaman Birla, Jatin Saxena, Dushmantha Chameera
Chennai Super Kings: 1 Shane Watson, 2 Ambati Rayudu, 3 M Vijay/Suresh Raina, 4 Sam Billings (wk), 5 MS Dhoni/Dhruv Shorey, 6 Ravindra Jadeja, 7 Dwayne Bravo, 8 Deepak Chahar, 9 Harbhajan Singh, 10 Shardul Thakur, 11 Imran Tahir
Rajasthan Royals: 1 Ajinkya Rahane (capt), 2 D’Arcy Short/Heinrich Klassen, 3 Sanju Samson, 4 Rahul Tripathi, 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 K Gowtham, 8 Shreyas Gopal, 9 Dhawal Kulkarni, 10 Jaydev Unadkat, 11 Ben Laughlin/Joffra Archer
Dream 11 / My Team 11 – Fantasy Team Strategy
- Big hitter, electric fielder, and a bowler who can give you four overs: Ben Stokes is an excellent T20 package. Even if he does fare badly in one of those areas, there are plenty of other ways he can help you recover those points.
- Sanju Samson has a good record at Pune, where he scored his only T20 century. That, coupled with his current form – he has scores of 49, 37 and 92* in four innings – should make him a tempting pick.