* My problem is not against criticism. To criticise, one has to research and find proper facts. Sadly, it does not happen now. What happens instead is allegations. For a healthy democracy, we must promote critisism, but save ourselves from allegations.
* India is now becoming a trend-setter and agenda-setter at the global forum. We have reinvented our profile.
* What prevented Indian Prime Ministers from going to Israel? Yes, I will go to Israel and I will even go to Palestine. I will boost cooperation with Saudi Arabia and for the energy needs of India I will also engage with Iran.
* We are working for the welfare of farmers, be it doubling their income by 2022 and easy availability or neem coating of urea. We are moving forward with a definite goal.
* Many don’t know about the 12th century social reformer Basava. Schoolchildren should learn how he laid down the foundation for a democratic system so many centuries ago.
* I believe in ‘education for kids, employment for youth, healthcare for senior citizens’
* Taking steps to convert cooperative federalism into competitive cooperative federalism.
* I am a common man just like all of you here. I know I can make mistakes, but never with any wrong intentions.
* 18,000 villages did not have electricity. So many women do not have access to toilets. These realities of our nation did not let me sleep. I was determined to bring about a positive change in the lives of India’s poor.
* Don’t need to read books to understand poverty. I have lived in poverty, I know what it is to be poor and belong to the backward sections of society. I want to work for the poor, the marginalised and the downtrodden.
* Incidents of rape must not be politicized.
* Those who like exporting terror, I want to tell them that India has changed and their antics will not be tolerated.
* We informed Pakistan first about the surgical strikes before making it public in India.
* PM responds to a question on surgical strikes: India never wanted to usurp anyone else’s territory. During World War 1 and 2, we had no stake but our soldiers took part in the wars. These were big sacrifices. We believe in peace. But we will not tolerate those who like to export terror. We will give back strong answers and in the language they understand. Terrorism will never be accepted.
* We should junk the thought that the government will do everything. People should actively participate in the developmental process.
* Since 1857, freedom struggle existed throughout the country. But it was Mahatma Gandhi who united every one and turned it into a people’s movement. Similarly, development should also become a people’s movement.
* People have more expectations from us because they know that we can deliver. People know that when they say something, the government will listen and do it. Days of incremental change are over.
* ‘Besabri’ (impatience) is not a bad thing. If a person has a cycle, he aspires for a scooter. If a person has a scooter, he aspires for a car. It is natural to aspire for more. India is getting increasingly inspirational.
* Tea seller becoming the Prime Minister of India is a proof of democracy.
* My life at the railway station taught me a lot. It was about my personal struggles. The person in the railway station was Narendra Modi. The person in the Royal Palace in London today is the sevak of 125 crore Indians.